Feb 12, 2017, 10:40 am
Week # 14 !!
Congrats to all of our skiers who raced at the Section 7 Meet and the JV / JH Championships this past week!
Goals were set and goals were met! As often as it is said....
NORDIC SKIERS ARE TOUGH ATHLETES!!
In. Every. Way. Possible.
With just a few events listed on our upcoming schedule, planning will begin shortly for next season!
All of your smiley & fun faces better be back for 2017/18! (sniff sniff for those 9 seniors)...
Let's keep going, before the snow melts!
HIGHLIGHTS from this past week!
- Congrats to Anna, Emma, & Chaz for advancing to the State Meet!
- Way to go to Natalie & Callie for taking 1 & 2 at the JV Chamspionships! All the great results are
- Academics are huge on this team. Nicely done to the Section ladies team, they earned the Gold Award this season
with a combined GPA of 3.91!
Upcoming happenings for our team yet..
Monday, Feb. 13: Practice for State qualifiers and CB relay skiers.
All others are finished for the season.
There will not be any more bus transportation from VA schools.
All team equipment and uniforms need to be turned in at the Hot Dog Trail Roast
or the end of season banquet. (Feb. 26)
Tuesday, Feb. 14: Practice - State / CB Relay skiers.
Wednesday, Feb 15: State Send Off at Mesabi East in morning? (tentative)
Brunch / Waxing at Coaches house after.
CB Relays- 1pm at Giant's Ridge.
State Meet Banquet- Giant's Ridge.
Thursday, Feb. 16: 2017 STATE MEET, 10 am start.
*Tuesday, Feb. 21: Annaul Hot Dog roast on the trails. Location to be determined.
Giant's Ridge or Aurora Ski Trails. 4 pm.
* Sunday, Feb. 26: End of Season Team Banquet. Biwabik Pavilion. 5 pm. Potluck.
All skiers, families & coaches welcome.
More info to come.
* Saturday, March 4th: Pepsi Challenge Race at Giant's Ridge. Ski the 10, 24, or 48k!
Sign up by Feb. 28th, with paper registration. (not online)
The Booster club will sponsor you with the entry fee.
The 10K race – would be $25.00 without banquet ticket or $35.00 with banquet ticket
The 24K/48K races – would be $60.00 without banquet ticket or $70.00 with banquet ticket
** Pay the full price, and you will be reimbursed $20 for the 10K & $50 for the 24/48K**.